Revelation!!! Being sick is EXPENSIVE!!!
by Sheryl Hockey
I have a friend who is going through the orthodox medical system at the moment with serious and chronic health concerns. She had noticed changes in her health for many years, but didn’t make any changes until things all of a sudden were life threatening. When I asked how she was going with it all, her reply was “Being sick is REALLY expensive!” The costs are mounting to try and fix the broken parts of her body. Multiple Doctors’ visits, specialists appointments, medications, days off work etc… Yes being sick IS expensive.
So this brings me to PREVENTATIVE WELLNESS. Yes, sorry it’s not really that exciting to see a practitioner about ‘keeping well’. But enhancing wellness is what the current system is lacking. The problem is that many people are in the middle of the spectrum, not sick yet, but not well either. If you are not in the ‘vibrant health’ category, then your body may be in a state of under functioning or inflammation. Even if you don’t feel any different, this is when health conditions can begin.
Imagine yourself in 10-20 years’ time. What do you want your health to look like? I am sure that none of you are choosing to be in the position of my friend, so what’s the alternative? PREVENTION!!
Ok so think about your car for a minute… Do you expect it to run well when you put in cheap fuel? No air in the bald tires? No coolant or oil? No water?? We know that if our car is in this state, that eventually something has got to give, and we will be up for new tires and an oil change. But if your bald tires couldn’t avoid the nail on the road… this may mean you are heading for a tree.
Same goes with your health. We can last on a few nights of poor sleep to stay up and watch the game, or our favourite movie, and we can deal with the boss who is away which means you have to hold the fort at work, and therefore have a few nights of takeaway because you are too exhausted to even think about cooking after the day you have had at work, but then when something more intense comes along, does your body have enough fuel in its tank to avoid that tree?
So what’s the answer to this conundrum? Start NOW!! Don’t wait for that nail in the road, start now!! With all my clients that take a slow, steady approach to their wellness plan, they are more likely to succeed when integrating new changes into their life. So what can you do today to change that 10-20 year view of your health?
- Drink water! We are about 70% water, if you are not drinking it, you are asking for a myriad of health conditions to come your way! It’s cheap, it’s easy, and it will make a huge impact on your long term health. It’s a no brainer!!
- Go outside!! Get some fresh air and sunshine, and while you are at it, go for a walk!! It doesn’t have to be a marathon, but there are so many studies behind the benefits of exercise and prevention for mental health issues, bone density loss, diabetes prevention, cardiovascular disease prevention and…. I could go on, but I think you see where I am going with this!
- Sleep! Sorry but that late night movie is not worth staying up for! Sleep is our brain’s time to rest, and your body’s time to work! Yes your body’s functioning slows when you sleep, but this is so your organs can have a makeover, clearing out toxins and healing from the inside out. If you are not sleeping deeply, and are not waking up refreshed, we need to talk!
- Eat vegetables! Yes you DO love vegetables, but sugar is such a powerful manipulator of your taste buds! Once you get sugar out of your system you will find that you can actually taste (and enjoy) these vitamin and mineral rich gifts from Mother Nature! Every meal, every day and especially the green ones!!
- “All you need is love…” This iconic song needs to become our mantra! Love is such a powerful healer! But this is not about finding your soul mate or loving your kids more, this is about loving yourself. Look at yourself in the mirror every day, and instead of thinking that you need a makeover, look at yourself and say ‘I love you’. Love yourself no matter what you have been through or where you are at, and once you really feel a deep love for yourself, then the above changes will be child play! You can do it!
Sheryl Hockey is a Medical Herbalist with 11 years experience in both clinical practise and health education. Her focus is to address the whole person on an individual basis. Sheryl’s true passion is Iridology! She offers individualized consultations which include iris photos, nutrition advice, vitamin and supplement reviews and lifestyle recommendations. I also offer detox foot spa treatments.
Initial iridology consultation with Detox foot spa treatment for only $125. Book now using the button below or find out more.